Applications, guidance and survey information

You can access the Planning Portal website to find information and make applications about all aspects of planning including trees and hedges.

To submit your application online or download and print a paper version, please follow visit Planning Portal - How to apply.

If you wish to make a complaint about a high hedge, this is not available via the Planning Portal. You can make a complaint using our High hedge complaint form which can be found in the Downloads section.

More information and forms about high hedges can be found on the High Hedges page.

If you need to complete a tree survey, please view our tree survey guidance notes.

Please email If you are having trouble filling in or downloading an application form.

Please use the link to view Weekly list of Protected tree application and notifications.

How Planning use your data

If you want to know more about how West Lindsey District Council Planning use your data, what your rights are and how to contact us if you have any concerns, please read our Planning Privacy Notice.