Due to increased volumes of planning applications being submitted we are experiencing delays validating within our usual time frames. Please be advised that the expected time frame is currently up to 2 weeks from the date the application is received. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Step by step guide to making planning applications
Applying for planning permission can seem complicated and daunting. You may feel concerned about the work involved or have questions or uncertainties such as: Will you need a professional planning agent or architect? How much will it all cost? What exactly is involved in the process? What can go wrong and how long does it take?
This is where our pre-application advice service can help. Getting the right advice in the early stages of your scheme is very important and will help steer you in the right direction from the start.
- Do I need planning permission?
- Pre-application advice
- Submitting your planning application
- Decision making process - Application validation
- Decision making process - Consultation period
- Decision making process - Consideration of an application
- Decision making process - Formal Assessment and issuing of a decision notice
- Granted or refused
- Discharging Conditions or appeal
To speak to our duty planning officer on a Tuesday or Friday please email email@example.com.