If you have a project that is at a stage where a site inspection would be required then please contact the Building Control team via phone (01427 676672) or email ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dangerous structure reports will be dealt with appropriately dependent on risk.
Our Building Control team delivers an efficient, cost effective service including pre-application advice, plan checking service and site inspections.
We can provide you and your builder with support and guidance and by using us you will benefit from:
- free pre-submission advice
- flexibility with same day inspections, undertaking the statutory and relevant inspections to suit the needs of your project
- competitive fees and discounts for repetitive construction (as we don't publish our fees online, you may find if you search for fees you will see old versions of fees that have been approved by committee — please contact us for the current competitive quotation).
- our extensive knowledge of local conditions and historical records
- our in depth guidance from project inception to completion resulting in safe, compliant building
- our Building Control brochure [pdf / 1.95MB]
Local Authority Building Control (LABC) have recently launched their brand new website for homeowners: Front Door. This is an excellent resource for answering all of your Building Control related queries.
- Front Door: Homeowner information
- Front Door: frequently asked questions
- our guide to buying and selling property [pdf / 37KB]
- LABC: Housing Developer and Builder information
- What's the difference between Planning and Building Control?
You can view additional information and guidance using the governments planning portal.
For a quote, or pre application advice please email email@example.com
Notice of Building Control Fee changes (April 2021) [pdf / 268 KB]