Please see our full Privacy Notice
Updated: 25 May 2018
Who are we?
West Lindsey District Council is a “Data Controller” for any personal data you provide in relation to this programme. The Privacy Notice below explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
You can contact us by:
We have a Data Protection Officer who makes sure we respect your rights and follow the law. If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer, Steve Anderson, at email@example.com or by calling 01427 676676 and asking for the Data Protection Officer.
Why we need to collect your information
West Lindsey District Council are working with Benjamin Adlard Primary School to identify if there is a need for services and programs at the Benjamin Adlard site.
What information will you collect about me?
We will collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your age (range only)
- Educational and vocational qualifications
- Details about any volunteering or community activities you have taken part in
- Your aspirations for this programme
- Types of activities and skills programmes you are interested in
Will you collect more sensitive personal information about me?
We may collect more sensitive (special category) information about you only if it is relevant to this programme and with your explicit consent. Special category information includes:
- data revealing your racial or ethnic origin;
- data revealing your political opinions;
- data concerning your religious or philosophical beliefs;
- data revealing your trade union membership;
- genetic data (for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person);
- biometric data (for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person);
- health data; and
- data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation.
How will you collect personal information about me?
We will collect data from you during face to face conversations with the Forest School Facilitator. You will have full control over what information is recorded.
How will the Council use the information it collects about me?
The Council will use the information to measure the progression of each individual throughout the 8 week Forest School program.
It will use this in part to measure the programs overall success.
The gathered information will be used to assist in planning future services and programs.
It will be used to evidence audience characteristics so the program can be adapted if necessary in the future.
The information could be used anonymously when applying to funding providers.
The information will be used to identify whether there is a demand for future services and programs at Benjamin Adlard Primary School and in the local community.
Will you share my personal information with other organisations?
We won’t share your information with anyone else without your permission, unless the law says we can or should. We may share information with: Benjamin Adlard Primary School. We may also share your information anonymously with funding providers.
How long will you keep my data?
We will keep your data for 6 years, in accordance with Financial Regulations.
Your rights in connection with personal information
The law gives you rights over how we use and handle your data. You have the right to:
- Be told how we use your information.
- Ask to see the information we hold.
- Ask us to change information you think is wrong.
- Ask us to remove information when it’s not needed anymore.
- Ask us to only use your information in certain ways.
- Tell us you don’t want your information to be processed.
Where can I get advice?
If you have any worries or questions about how your personal information is handled please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01427 676676.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and information sharing issues, or if you are still dissatisfied with how the council have handled a complaint about use of your information, you can write to the Information Commissioner’s Office at the following address:
Information Commissioner's Office
Or email: email@example.com
Please see our full Privacy Notice