The Planning Enforcement section investigate situations where it is suspected that there is a breach of planning control.
- Where land or buildings are developed, including a change of use, without the planning permission needed
- Where planning permission has been granted but the development does not comply with that permission. That may because the development does not comply with the plans, or because the developer has not complied with conditions or legal agreements relating to the permission.
- Where works are carried out to a listed building without listed building consent. This includes internal works as well as external works
- Where works are carried out to trees covered by a Tree Protection Order or within a conservation area without the necessary consent
- Where a building is demolished in a conservation area without consent
- Where signs or advertisements requiring advertisement consent are displayed without that consent
Most breaches of planning control are not criminal offences however in the following cases criminal offences may be committed
- Carrying out unauthorised works to a listed building
- Carrying out unauthorised works to protected trees
- Displaying certain advertisements without consent
You can report a breach of Planning Enforcement by completing the online report form below.
We will not normally investigate anonymous complaints unless it appears to us that a serious breach is occurring.
Your personal details will be treated in confidence and will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent however your personal details may be disclosed to other officers within West Lindsey District Council where other departments may be more appropriate to deal with your concern. Where formal action is considered appropriate we may ask you to give evidence at an appeal or in court.
Once you are using our Do it Online service you can search for your address (if within the West Lindsey District) and this will be remembered every time you use the system, rather than having to search for it again.
The system is easy to use and there is a help button to guide you around the functionality and tools.
Please ensure that you read the disclaimer before use.
Use our online for to report a Planning Enforcement Breach.