Do I need Planning Permission?

Certain pieces of minor work for homeowners on domestic properties can be completed without the need for planning permission.

These pieces of work are called Permitted Developments. More information about permitted development can be found on the Planning Portal.

West Lindsey District Council provides a service that can assess the work you propose to be carried out, and will determine whether your building work is a permitted development. This will allow you to establish whether you need to apply for planning permission.

This service is charged at £25.

Please apply using the form attached and send to or post to:

Planning Department Validation Team
Marshall’s Yard
DN21 2NA