Building Control Applications can be made online using the following links
Small domestic works (e.g. home extension)
Larger householder projects and commercial works
Advance notice of demolition works
Applications by phone
Ideal for smaller projects using the Building Notice route.
Reasons why you should make a Building Regulation application by phone:
- Saves you time filling in an application form
- Direct contact and advice from Building Control
- You will be supplied with an instant reference number
- Making a phone application and will take approximately 15 minutes and the following information will be required:
- Full names and addresses of the applicant and any agents
- Full address of the works to be carried out
- Details of the work being carried out
- Credit card/debit card to make the payment
Full Plans applications can also be applied for over the phone, and additional detailed drawings would be required for vetting checking purposes and would may be submitted separately.
Please note if a sewer is within three metres of the vicinity of any proposed foundation a full plans application would be required.
Apply online using the Planning Portal
Registration is easy and you can complete your application form, buy site location plans and upload supporting documents. To apply, click the link below.
For schemes 3 years or more there is a new charge, this is for the re-activation/inspection of a dormant Building Regulations application where a Completion Certificate has not been issued or there has been no significant progress with the work in the previous 3 years.