We want people in West Lindsey to be able to choose a home and community that meets their needs and aspirations.
As the strategic housing authority for the area, West Lindsey District Council has the following responsibilities:
- To provide a housing options advice service to help people find a suitable home and prevent homelessness
- To hold and maintain a Housing Register of people looking for affordable homes in the area
- To provide services and secure accommodation for people who do become homeless
- To understand the local housing market
- To work with housing associations, developers and private landlords to deliver new affordable housing
- To improve the quality of housing across the area by providing advice and encouragement to owners and where necessary taking enforcement action
- To work with owners and managers of private rented properties to provide affordable decent homes that are well managed
- To return empty properties back into use
- To regenerate and improve our neighbourhoods
- To improve energy efficiency in all homes reducing fuel use, costs and carbon emissions
- To assist our increasing older population to live independently in their own homes
- To provide Local Housing Allowance for people on low incomes
- To prepare Local Housing Strategies and Plans
If you would like further details on the Housing Strategy you can contact the housing team by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.