We want people in West Lindsey to be able to choose a home and community that meets their needs and aspirations.
As the strategic housing authority for the area, West Lindsey District Council has the following responsibilities:
- To provide a housing options advice service to help people find a suitable home and prevent homelessness
- To hold and maintain a Housing Register of people looking for affordable homes in the area
- To provide services and secure accommodation for people who do become homeless
- To understand the local housing market
- To work with housing associations, developers and private landlords to deliver new affordable housing
- To improve the quality of housing across the area by providing advice and encouragement to owners and where necessary taking enforcement action
- To work with owners and managers of private rented properties to provide affordable decent homes that are well managed
- To return empty properties back into use
- To regenerate and improve our neighbourhoods
- To improve energy efficiency in all homes reducing fuel use, costs and carbon emissions
- To assist our increasing older population to live independently in their own homes
- To provide Local Housing Allowance for people on low incomes
- To prepare Local Housing Strategies and Plans
People Places Homes
West Lindsey District council, in conjunction with all the other districts within Lincolnshire have devised a Countywide Housing Strategy.
West Lindsey are currently in the process of devising an action plan which will sit underneath the Countywide Strategy and have priorities specifically for the West Lindsey District.
A copy of the Lincolnshire Housing Strategy is available to download. If you would like further details on the Housing Strategy you can contact the housing team by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing and Communities Team