West Lindsey District Council (WLDC) is working in partnership with Obam Lift Services Ltd in order to deliver a new stairlift project.
Previously, stairlifts were only available through the Council under a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) after receiving a recommendation from an Occupational Therapist (OT). This process has now been streamlined as sometimes the process can be delayed when waiting on essential information.
This scheme was approved as a pilot project that will allow people to still be able to live independently in their home.
WLDC will do all the work for you and aim to make the installation of a stairlift quick and efficient.
If you are in receipt of the following benefits, you will not have to pay for your stairlift at all and the cost will be funded by WLDC:
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax or Child Tax Credit (Where the income is below £15,050)
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and support allowance
If you are not in receipt of the above, payment methods are available through the council.
Aims and advantages of the project -
- Quicker installation of stairlifts for customers who need them
- A one stop shop for all customer who require a stairlift, whether they are eligible for a DFG or not
- A 5 year extended warranty on all stairlifts
- A reduced risks of falls due to faster installations
- Be able to provide help and advice for customers in the district seeking a stairlift and not just those with an OT assessment
If you would like to enquire or to begin the application process for a stairlift, contact us on 01427 675189 or at email@example.com
Please see our Stairlift guide for further information.
If you feel that you may require other adaptations rather than a stairlift alone, you should contact Lincolnshire County Council Adult Social Care on 01522 782155 to request an OT assessment.