This scheme aims to help people in housing need to access a private rented property.
It is designed to help people move into a property long term to avoid moving from place to place.
To be eligible for the deposit guarantee scheme you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be in need of housing
- To have a local connections i.e. have lived in West Lindsey for the last six months, for three years within the last five years or have a close family member who has continually lived in the area for over five years
- Be unable to raise the required deposit
- Receiving an income related benefit e.g.
Council Tax benefit
Working Tax Credit
Job Seekers Allowance
- Be able to save the total deposit over the guarantee period
- Have not had any significant rent arrears in the past
- Have not previously caused any damage to a rented property
The scheme can not be used by households who are wishing to move who have no problems with their current accommodation.
For more information on the deposit guarantee scheme there is a leaflet available to download.