If there comes a point where you wish to evict your tenant it must be done using the correct paperwork.
For most tenancies 2 months’ notice must be given. If a tenant has not vacated the property by the end of this period then an application to the courts for possession has to be made. If they still remain at the property a further application has to be made to instruct bailiffs to remove them. Straying from this process could be classed as an illegal eviction and you could be prosecuted for it.
Tenants are responsible for:
- Taking care of the property including outside areas
- Paying rent on time and in full unless otherwise agreed
- Promptly reporting repairs to the landlord
- Allowing reasonable access to the landlord or personnel working on their behalf
- Not causing a nuisance in or around the property