There are five payment options including two easy methods that are available 24 hours a day.
Credit/Debit Card Online or by phone
Please Note: We have recently changed our payment page so it will look very different to our previous version
Alternatively, please call our payment line on 01427 675 166.
You will need your reference number as printed on your bill or invoice, and your Credit / Debit Card details. We accept most major cards.
Once your payment card details have been submitted to us and your payment card company has approved your payment, it will be processed within 3 working days.
When paying by Direct Debit we offer the choice of paying on 1st, 15th, 21st or 28th of the month.
If you are the bank account holder and the bill you want to pay is in your name, a direct debit instruction can be set up or amended:
- Council Tax Direct Debit online form (you will need your Council Tax account reference)
- by downloading and printing a direct debit mandate from the tab above. When completed, please return it to us
You do not have to complete a new form every year, unless you change Bank or Building Society or move house and you can cancel a Direct Debit at any time. The Direct Debit Guarantee governs all payments.
A Council Tax bill will be issued advising you of your full instalment plan at least 14 days your first instalment is due.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that take part in the direct debit scheme. The efficiency and security of the scheme is monitored and protected by your bank and building society.
- If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change, West Lindsey District Council will notify you at least 10 working days in advance of your account being debited, or as otherwise agreed.
- If an error is made by West Lindsey District Council or your Bank or Building Society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society. Please also send a copy of your letter to us.
At the Post Office
Payments can be made at the Post Office or any other establishment displaying the Payzone sign, free of charge and must be made using the barcode on the back page of your bill. Use the Post Office branch finder for an up to date list of locations. Please contact customer services using the general enquiries form to request a barcoded bill.
You should advise the cashier of the amount you wish to pay and if you pay by cheque it is payable to ‘Post Office Ltd’.
If you wish to pay by standing order contact your Bank or Building Society for a form. You must remember to quote your council tax account number which can be found on your bill.
The council’s bank is: Lloyds Bank PLC, Market Street, Gainsborough, Sort Code 30-00-02 and the account number is 04066605.
Paying in instalments
Council tax is usually payable by 10 monthly instalments from April through to January. You can also choose to pay in 12 monthly instalments from April to March. If you would like to do this please contact the Council Tax section.
Each instalment is due on 1st day of each month, with the exception of direct debit payers who have the choice of paying on 1st, 15th, 21st or 28th.
Please note that if you receive a bill later in the year, you might be granted fewer instalments to reflect the remaining months of the financial year.
West Lindsey District Council
Guildhall, Marshall’s Yard
Tel: 01427 676676