Council Tax account enquiries

If you would like to make a general enquiry such as finding out how much you currently owe or requesting a copy of a bill, please contact us by using the council tax enquiry form

A bill is issued to the person(s) liable for payment, stating the instalments due, the method of payment and providing further financial information about the charge due.

The full Council Tax is made up of a property element (50%). The full charge assumes that there are two or more adults living at the address. If there is only one adult living there a discount of 25% may be claimed.

It is up to the Council Tax payer to apply for a discount when they first become entitled. This allows the claim to be checked by way of an inspection if we feel the need. As it is impossible to verify backdated claims we will not normally consider any backdating of a discount by more than a short period, unless there is a very good reason for failing to apply at the right time and evidence is provided to support the claim.

Temporary absences because someone is working away from home or taking extended holidays is not enough to give rise to a single person claim. In the case of partners, even when they have long absences because of work, the marital home is classed as their residence for Council Tax purpose.

Please use these links to make a specific online enquiry:

I am a landlord and wish to notify a change in tenant details
I am moving into WLDC
I am moving out of WLDC
I am moving within WLDC
I wish to report a change in household for Council Tax
I wish to report a change of address for Council Tax

  • Who has to payCouncil tax is usually paid by the owner occupier or the tenant of a property.
  • Non-paymentInformation about non payment and recovery of debt.
  • How to payInformation about the collection of monies due to West Lindsey District Council.