Who Can Claim

You can claim Housing and/or Council Tax Support if:

  • You are on Pension Credit, or
  • you are on Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance, Employment & Support Allowance, or
  • you are on a low income (this includes people who are self employed)

You cannot get Housing and/or Council Tax Support if:

  • you, or your partner between you, have more than £16,000 in savings except if you are over 60 and getting Pension Credit Guarantee Credit

A partner is someone you are married to, or someone you live with as if you are married to them. If you have a partner we need to know about both of your circumstances in a joint claim.


West Lindsey District Council
Guildhall, Marshall’s Yard
DN21 2NA

Email: benefits@west-lindsey.gov.uk