Supporting evidence needed

We need the below documentation in order to calculate your benefit entitlement. The sooner we receive the documents, the sooner we can pay your benefit!

  • Proof of Identity/National Insurance Number
    (Passport, Driving Licence, DWP Letter, Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Wage Slip, P45, P60, National Insurance Card, Medical Card, Marriage Certificate)
  • Bank Accounts/Building Society Accounts
    (We need to see two full consecutive months’ statements for current accounts. If you have a passbook, please ensure your balance is up to date)
  • Shares
    (Share Certificates)
  • National Savings Certificates
  • Jobseekers Allowance/Income Support/Employment Support Allowance
    (Award Letter)
  • Earnings
    (5 weekly or two monthly wage slips)
  • Self Employment Earnings
    (Profit and loss accounts or ask us for a “Self Employment Certificate”)
  • Disability Living Allowance/Carers Allowance
    (Award letter)
  • Child Benefit
    (Award letter or entry on bank statement)
  • Tax Credit
    (Award Letter)
  • State Retirement Pension
  • Private Pension
  • Widows Pension
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Benefit
  • Proof of Rent
    (Tenancy agreement, Rent book, letter from landlord)
  • Maintenance
    (Court order or CSA letter)


West Lindsey District Council
Guildhall, Marshall’s Yard
DN21 2NA