Apply for Housing Benefit

We are committed to providing services which meet our customer’s needs. This innovative style of working has led to a transformation in the way in which we administer claims for both Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support.

We are now encouraging benefit applicants to apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support online.

Apply online for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support.

If you do not have access to a computer or the internet at home you can visit the Guildhall, Marshall’s Yard, Gainsborough where we have installed a number of additional computers which can be used to make benefit applications. There will be Benefits Assessors available to help you to complete the online claim form if you need it. Assessors will also be able to advise you about the documents that we require in order to assess your claim (another visit may be required if all the evidence cannot be provided in the first instance. You can view information on which documents you may need to show us here).

If you are unable to access the internet or visit one of our offices (Guildhall, Gainsborough or Festival Hall, Market Rasen) please contact us on 01427 676565 or email us to request an appointment with your name, address and contact telephone number.  We will contact you and discuss the best way for you to make your claim.

With this new service we are able to offer a more easily accessible way to claim benefits which can be completed within the comfort of your own home.


West Lindsey District Council
Guildhall, Marshall’s Yard
DN21 2NA