About payments

Council Tax Support

Council Tax Support is paid directly onto your Council Tax Account. It shows on your Council Tax bill as a lump sum credit.

Housing Benefit / Local Housing Allowance

Housing Benefit is paid directly into a bank / building society account of your choice. This payment method is called BACS, it is fast, secure and avoids any potential postal delays.

Use this link to access and print off a form to give us correct bank details if you have not already done so.

Benefit is paid in arrears in a choice of payment frequency; fortnightly, four weekly and monthly unless we pay a landlord - payments to landlords can only be paid four-weekly or monthly in arrears.

  • First payment datesThe very first payment on a Housing Benefit claim will be a one-off payment calculated from the date your benefit entitlement begins to the date that your normal payment falls due within your payment...
  • Future payment datesFirst payments or catch-up payments following an increase in your Benefit entitlement will pay out on the first Monday payment run or the first Thursday non-regular payment run following the...
  • Who benefit is paid toUnder the Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rules, in most cases we can no longer offer the choice of having payments sent direct to a landlord.