What does the Chairman do?
The Chairman of the Council is the civic and ceremonial head of the council who;
- Presides over meetings of the council.
- Upholds and promotes the purposes of the council’s Constitution and interprets the Consultation when necessary.
- Promotes the efficient despatch of business giving due regard to the requirements of the council’s procedures, acknowledging the rights of Councillors and the interests of the community.
- Promotes the interests of the people of West Lindsey including their economic development requirements, through the processing of matters, in accordance with the principles and practise of modern democratic procedures.
- Promotes public involvement in the council’s activities.
- Attends such civic, ceremonial and community functions as he/she determines appropriate.