Date published: 31 January 2017
The council is excited to host an event which gives special recognition to the unsung heroes working in the community.
Community organisations and individual volunteers make a huge contribution to lives across the district, which is why the council is keen to recognise them at its 2017 Community Awards.
Chairman of the council, Cllr Roger Patterson said: “As Chairman I have been privileged to meet so many community spirited people – who do not think twice about giving up their time to help others in the community. It is humbling to meet them in person as they provide important social networks which reduce isolation and enable people to live independently for longer.
“They help to deliver a wide range of crucial services across the district from organising social events, shopping for elderly neighbours or taking people to hospital appointments, to running community facilities, and much more.
“If you know someone in your community who deserves a little recognition for their hard work then make their day and nominate them today.
“A lot of the time the work goes un-noticed but the contribution is valued and this is an opportunity for us to celebrate their achievements.”
The deadline for nominations is 4.30pm on Friday 17 March 2017.
The categories are:
- District Champion and Citizen of the Year 2017
- Parish/Town Council of the Year 2017
- Parish/Town Councillor of the Year 2017
- Volunteer of the Year 2017
- Community Group of the Year 2017
- Chairman of the Council’s Special Award - this is chosen by the Chairman of the Council. It could be a nominee for another award or someone the Chairman has met while on civic business
Winners will be presented with their awards at a special ceremony on the evening of Monday 24 April 2017 at the Guildhall, Marshall’s Yard, Gainsborough.
Don't delay, nominate your hero today!