Date published: 01 March 2018
West Lindsey has been heavily affected by bad weather this week, but the council would like to thank residents for their patience and support.
As the combined forces of ‘Storm Emma’ and ‘The Beast from the East’ disrupt the United Kingdom this week, West Lindsey District Council would like to thank residents for their patience and support whilst the council aim to keep all disruptions to a minimum.
Below are the issues currently affecting the district due to the weather:
- The Guildhall will be open with limited staff, the Market Rasen area office will be closed until the week commencing 19 March 2018. You can still access many of our services online which can be found on our Online Services page.
- All waste collections including commercial collections are suspended for the rest of the week. Information about arrangements to catch up with collections will be published on our service disruption page in due course.
- There are multiple road closures throughout the district and the county, the council are urging residents to check routes before travelling, but only to travel if absolutely necessary.
- The Royal mail will be unable to collect any mail from the Guildhall for the next few days, any residents expecting mail from the council should please allow for an extra few days to receive this.
- Due to the adverse weather conditions all Trinity Arts Centre shows for Thursday, Friday and the weekend have been cancelled. You will be notified of potential rescheduled dates and times for 'Darkest Hour' and 'The Flames of Paris' in due course. The Trinity Arts Centre are offering ticket holders a full refund or a credit for a future show, if you are a ticket holder please contact us on 01427 676655 or 01427 676676 to arrange for a refund, and if credit required please visit the Trinity Arts Centre to arrange this next week. Cancelled shows:
- Friday 2nd March – ‘Luke Jermay: Sixth Sense’
- Saturday 3rd March – ‘Darkest Hour’ (2pm & 7.30pm)
- Sunday 4th March – ‘The Flames of Paris - Bolshoi Ballet’
- The Gainsborough Market has been cancelled this weekend (03/03/2018), we are asking that traders do not self-erect stalls.
- West Lindsey’s planned site meetings for today and tomorrow with the Planning Team have been cancelled and will be rearranged in due course.
- The Caistor and Market Rasen Public Toilets are currently closed.
- The Home Choices team are working with a reduced service, staff are available but please bear with us if there are any delays in responding to your call or visit today. You can contact the team in person, by calling 01427 676676 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residents are being urged not to travel unless absolutely necessary as cold weather is expected to continue for several days, the council are asking residents to listen to the radio and monitor social media to get the latest advice on road conditions, school closures and suspended services.
For the latest news on disruptions in West Lindsey visit: www.west-lindsey.gov.uk/disruption
Alternatively, we will be keeping residents updated on social media: follow us @WestLindseyDC or find us www.facebook.com/westlindseydistrictcouncil