TEST Updated guidance for Clinically Extremely Vulnerable residents
Date published: 24 December 2020
This guidance has been updated to support the clinically extremely vulnerable in protecting themselves from exposure to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- We strongly advise those classed as clinically extremely vulnerable to stay home and stay local over the festive holiday
- The new variant of COVID-19 is 70% more contagious, therefore it’s as important as ever to protect you and your loved ones. Keep 2 metres-plus apart from others outside your household, wash your hands regularly and wear a face covering when outside
- If you are seeing family and/or family on Christmas Day, remember: Hands - Face- Space will protect you and your loved ones
- We strongly advise those clinically extremely vulnerable not to visit busy shops and/or supermarkets. We urge you to register with the NSSS (National Shielding Service System) where you will have access to supermarket priority delivery slots. If you can't get food deliveries, ask friends or neighbours for help, or contact the NHS Volunteers nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk/services
- The NHS Volunteer Responders programme is available to help support those who need it. Volunteers can collect and deliver shopping, medication and other essential supplies. Call 0808 196 3646 between 8am and 8pm, 7 days a week to self-refer or visit NHS Volunteer Responders for further information.
- It’s everyone’s responsibility to exercise caution over the holiday period. Play your part in helping protect our local NHS services
- Please attend ALL scheduled health appointments, including vaccination jabs. Avoid travelling to your appointments on public transport, if possible. If you have a medical appointment in a Tier 4 area such as Peterborough, check before you travel that you’re still required
- This year has been extremely challenging for us all. Keeping your mind and body healthy is essential, so make sure you get daily outdoor exercise (such as a brisk walk) when and where it’s safe to do so
- You can find all the help and support you need on Lincolnshire County Council’s website and on our website here: www.west-lindsey.gov.uk/coronavirus/
See the full Government guidance.
This story is part of our newsletter community exclusives – to get hold of this content before it appears on our website, and to get hold of more community-based stories and content, please sign up to West Lindsey News – our digital monthly newsletter issued to subscribers only!