Date published: 02 June 2020
Businesses in West Lindsey that have been affected due to Covid-19 are being offered support through a new funding scheme.
West Lindsey District Council has unveiled a second phase of grants to support additional businesses.
Grants range are either £10,000 or £3,750 based on three distinct categories. Business are urged to visit the Council’s website to check eligibility as soon as possible as there is limited funds available.
Leader of West Lindsey District Council Cllr Giles McNeill is pleased that more support is available to struggling businesses across the district.
He said: “My team at West Lindsey District Council have been working incredibly hard to make sure we have been paying out grants to those businesses that qualified for the original Covid-19 small business grant funding scheme. Hundreds upon hundreds of local businesses have received a millions of pounds of funding; however many more have not.
“The Government have now provided a discretionary scheme which we have been able to tailor to local need. So, if you were a business that didn’t qualify for the original Small Business Grant Fund or Retail, Leisure & Hospitality Fund, please check the new scheme as you may now be eligible.”
As previously reported, West Lindsey District Council has provided grant support to more than 1300 businesses totalling in excess of £15 million in response to the pandemic.
This latest grant funding is for businesses that are not eligible for other support schemes and is only for businesses which were trading on 11 March 2020.
The grants fall into three categories:
- Category One - Grant of £10,000: Businesses in Retail, Hospitality and Leisure (definition to be appended based on expanded retail guidance making clear reference to an agreed retail description) that were registered for business rates and in occupation of the same premises with a rateable value between £51,250 and £79,500.
- Category Two - Grant of £10,000: Businesses which are registered for business rates and in occupation of the same premises with a rateable value of between £15,001 and £20,000.
- Category Three – Grant of £3,750: Businesses occupied a premises, or part of a premises, with a rateable value or annual rent or annual mortgage payment below £15,000.
More details are available on the Council’s website and businesses are urged to act quickly. Businesses in the district can complete the online declaration and submit an application - [Link removed scheme expired]
To reduce delays please ensure your application form contains all the required information to be validated including supporting evidence.
Further assistance is available to businesses:
Fraud Aware: We are aware of a number of scams and fraudulent activity being undertaken in relation to Business grants.
- Please therefore be diligent, only use our secure website for providing information (do not use links in emails etc. which may look legitimate for example).
- In addition there is no requirement to subsequently authorise payment, we will process payment as soon as possible once our verifications have been undertaken.
For the latest service disruptions visit: www.west-lindsey.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Or follow us @WestLindseyDC
or find us on Facebook