The West Lindsey Feasibility Fund aims to support early stage development and investment plans by offering grant funding to enable the delivery of specific commercial schemes which will facilitate the creation of new jobs and economic growth across the district.
In general, funding will only be considered for schemes which are at the planning, concept and scoping stage of their development and will require feasibility studies to determine the viability of the business idea from a legal, financial and technical perspective.
The feasibility stage should, therefore, focus on the more detailed and technical aspects of delivery, including surveys, plans, legal issues and business and financial planning.
Feasibility and Planning Fund
Grants of up to £5k will be available (50% match funded) to assist with professional fees and technical survey work associated with the development of employment sites/land and commercial premises which will support business expansion and investment across the district.
In exceptional circumstances we will consider costs relating to the development of new technology/ new product development and/or associated machinery but these will have to demonstrate how they would improve processes and operations within a company of a sizeable scale and how this would lead to increased productivity.
Types of activities eligible for support include:
- Architectural fees to support master planning and building development
- Survey work undertaken by professionals in support of sites/land/premises development and planning
- Professional fees for feasibility work in connection with capital equipment and product development
- Other potential feasibility costs will be considered on a project by project basis
- Aid offer under this Scheme is subject to the new subsidy allowances established on Thursday 4 March on the basis of the principles set out in Article 3.4 of the TCA.
- The Feasibility Fund will pay up to 50% of the overall eligible cost (to a maximum of £5k) and applicants will be expected to have private match funding in place in order to apply for the grant
- Salaries and fees associated with statutory consents (e.g. planning) cannot be funded
Funding will not be awarded retrospectively for costs incurred or projects/works that have already started.
To register your interest in the Scheme please complete and return the Enquiry and Eligibility Form to the Growth Team at email@example.com
West Lindsey District Council
Guildhall, Marshall's Yard