The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018
replaced several other pieces of animal legislation and brought in a star rating system to assess licensees.
An animal welfare licence is required for the following:
- Providing boarding for cats
- Providing boarding in kennels for dogs
- Providing home boarding for dogs
- Providing day care for dogs
- Breeding dogs
- Hiring out horses
- Keeping or training animals for exhibition
- Selling animals as pets
The conditions which licensees must now meet are provided below, as are the application forms and a bit more information.
West Lindsey District Council
Guildhall, Marshall's Yard