Acupuncture, tattooing, ear-piercing and electrolysis

Apply online

Licence Summary

Tattooing is the insertion into the skin of any colouring material designed to leave a permanent mark.

To offer skin-piercing treatments - including tattooing, acupuncture, ear and body piercing - both the person performing the treatment and the premises must be registered with West Lindsey District Council.

Application Process

We aim to notify all applicants that their application has been received within 3 working days - online applicants will be notified by email.

Regulation Summary

Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982

Application Evaluation Process

An inspection of the premises will be carried out prior to a registration being granted.

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

No. It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within 28 days, please contact us using the contact details below.

How to Apply

Complete the application form which can be downloaded from the ‘Downloads’ tab and return to the address as shown below.

Apply online

You will be contacted on receipt of your application and an arrangement made to visit any premises where necessary.

Download an Application Form

If you would prefer to download an application form, please download from the ‘Downloads’ tab and return to us using the contact details below.

Failed Application Redress

Please contact us in the first instance using the contact details in the ‘Contacts’ tab.

Licence Holder Redress

Please contact us in the first instance using the contact details below.


Fees can be found on our Business Licence Fees page.


Licensing registers are available to view using the link below.

Public Register

Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery).

If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.


West Lindsey District Council
Guildhall, Marshall's Yard
DN21 2NA