The Licensing Act 2003 (Mandatory Licensing Conditions) Order 2010 sets out the five new conditions that will apply to all licensed premises and those with club premises certificates (where the licence or certificate authorises the supply of alcohol).
From 6th April 2010 these conditions:
- Ban irresponsible promotions;
- Ban the dispensing of alcohol directly in to the mouth
- Ensure that customers have access to free tap water
From 1st October 2010 these conditions will also:
- Require an age verification policy to be in place to prevent underage sales
- Ensure that customers can choose small measures of beers, ciders, spirits and wine.
The Home Office has published guidance on the new Mandatory Conditions along with examples of good practice from the industry. This guidance is available in the Downloads section.
West Lindsey District Council
Guildhall, Marshall's Yard