Thank you to everyone who submitted comments. Following a six week public consultation period, amendments were made to the draft LDO and a revised version was presented at the Prosperous Communities Committee on the 6 June 2017 and approved for adoption. A copy will be submitted to the Secretary of State.
Public consultation now closed
Application Reference No: 135866
Full documents are available to view at Planning/135866
Hard copies are available upon request at the Guildhall, Marshall's Yard, Gainsborough and Hemswell Cliff Post Office
Food Enterprise Zone and Local Development Order Details
Proposals to develop a Food Enterprise Zone (FEZ) at Hemswell Cliff are being advanced by West Lindsey District Council and the Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership (GLLEP) with the support of Defra.
The government’s aim in introducing Food Enterprise Zones is to attract investment, and to encourage closer ties between food and farming businesses to boost the domestic food and farming sector. The Food Enterprise Zones are based around LDOs, with a view to making the planning process simpler and easier for food and farming businesses that want to expand, in line with local priorities.
The purpose of an LDO is to simplify and speed up the planning process by providing certainty about the types of development which are permitted within a specific area, and reducing the potential risks associated with the formal planning process, encouraging development to come forward in that area.
The LDO development proposals complement the masterplan vision for the regeneration of Hemswell Cliff to drive forward the social, economic and environmental regeneration of the wider settlement.
The objectives of the Hemswell Cliff LDO are to:
- Enhance the scale and socio-economic impact of the agri-food sector at a local and regional level
- Provide developable plots capable of accommodating a range of building types and sizes, which are attractive to businesses within the agri-food sector
- Provide flexibility by allowing the site to accommodate changing requirements (within defined parameters)
- Support the socio-economic aims and objectives of the Hemswell Cliff masterplan
- Deliver sustainable development by minimising and mitigating any environmental impacts
- Facilitate development for businesses which provide a substantial number and diverse range of employment opportunities
- Enhance the attractiveness of the site to inward investors by facilitating development of uses which are complementary to the main agri-food businesses
Consultation dates and information
The LDO plans were considered at Prosperous Communities Committee on 31 January 2017 and approved for consultation. The consultation period commenced Friday 3 March and concluded Friday 14 April.
Plans and information for the LDO were on show at a public consultation event at the Hemswell Cliff Primary School on the 13 March from 3:45pm to 7:15pm. This consultation event ran in conjunction with the Neighbourhood Planning consultation event, the purpose of which is to show the results of the recent neighbourhood planning questionnaire. The event had displays on the Hemswell Cliff Masterplan. A joint consultation event was deemed necessary to display all the planning functions which are ongoing in the Hemswell Cliff area. Although the LDO, Masterplan and the Neighbourhood Plan are separate functions, all are inherently linked to the wider strategic regeneration of the area.