An Economic Growth Strategy has been prepared and approved by our Prosperous Communities Committee. It sets out the overall vision for the growth and prosperity of our District over the next 20 years.
Our vision is:
A resilient and diverse rural district which has embraced sustainable growth whilst retaining its quality, heritage and character for the benefit of all.
West Lindsey will have:
- A thriving micro business sector with the highest number of global micro-businesses for a rural district of its size
- A diverse and productive agri-food industry, renowned nationally for its innovation
- An enterprising manufacturing sector which has risen to the challenges of the modern economy and pioneered new technologies
- A business base which has fully embraced green technologies
- A strong visitor economy with an extensive leisure and cultural offer which complements the natural environment and built character of the area; attracting corporate and leisure visitors from around the world as well as serving the needs of the local community
- A highly skilled and productive workforce, with local jobs and training options to match their needs
- A connected economy with high speed broadband provision and improved transport links which encourages businesses to relocate to the area
- A balanced housing market providing a range of quality housing in appropriate locations to support economic growth
West Lindsey District Council
Guildhall, Marshall's Yard