Attachment of benefit

If you are on Income Support, income based Job Seekers Allowance, Income related Employment and Support Allowance, Pension Credit or Universal Credit and we feel it is appropriate, we can apply to the Department of Works and Pensions for amounts to be taken from your Income Support or Pension Credit. 

This will be paid directly to West Lindsey District Council until your debt is cleared or benefit ceases. West Lindsey District Council cannot deduct from retirement or invalidity pensions.