Support measures for people who have suffered internal flood damage to their homes and businesses have been announced by the government.
The support will be made available through a scheme known as the Flood Recovery Framework, which is used in exceptional circumstances to support councils and communities following severe flooding.
Cllr Trevor Young, Leader of West Lindsey District Council, is pleased to be able to share the funding links with local residents. He said:
“I am delighted to announce how people in West Lindsey can apply for flood relief grants for their homes and businesses. As previously reported, a number of areas in West Lindsey were amongst those affected by recent flooding experienced by towns and villages across Lincolnshire and other parts of the county. This support being offered is crucial in aiding the recovery of our community and it will make a significant difference for homes and businesses impacted by flooding.”
Delivery of the Framework will be undertaken by both West Lindsey District Council and Lincolnshire County Council.
The announcement means:
- Flooded households in affected areas can apply for up to £500 Community Recovery Grant to help with immediate costs. [Applications have closed in line with Central Government deadlines whereby all applications had to be made by the 31 December 2023]
- Households affected by recent flooding will be eligible for 100% council tax for three months, residents can read more on our Flooding and council tax page. Alternatively, please call 01427 676566 or email email@example.com
- Businesses impacted flooding may be able to apply for Business Rates relief, please apply here 01522 873342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Small-to-medium sized businesses in affected areas may be eligible for up to £2,500 from the Business Recovery Grant to help them return quickly to business as usual. Further details are yet to be released on this scheme and these will be published on our Support package for flood hit homes page
- Eligible flood-hit property owners will be able to apply for up to £5,000 to help make their homes and businesses more resilient to future flooding via the Property Flood Resilience Repair Grant Scheme. More details on this will be outlined by Lincolnshire County Council in the coming days.
The Council is currently working with partner authorities across Lincolnshire to draw up a list of the properties affected by internal flooding to ensure the funding is directed where it is needed. If residents impacted have any concerns they should contact email@example.com or call 01427 676676.
More details on the announcement can be found at GOV.UK's Support for flood-hit areas page.