Four incredible international performers from France, Germany and Spain will be arriving in Gainsborough featuring group acrobatics, live music, dance, street theatre and a fabulous stunt duet. They will be performing alongside local and community music and dance artists in what is set to be an incredible fun-filled day.
This exciting event will take place throughout the town centre and is FREE for people to attend. It will take place on Saturday 17, June 2023 from 9am-6pm.
Cllr Lesley Rollings, Deputy Leader of Council and Chairman of Prosperous Communities at West Lindsey District Council, is delighted the Festival will be coming to West Lindsey.
She said: “We are incredibly excited to be holding such a fantastic event within our District, celebrating the talents of artists both locally and across Europe. This certainly is a day for anyone of any age to enjoy”.
During the Festival, there will be a Community Stage which will showcase some of the best local talent Gainsborough has to offer, including:
- Contemporary choir from ‘Rock Choir’,
- Dance performances from ‘Rhythm in Movement Dance Company’, ‘G-Town Dance Crew’ and ‘Everett-Fox School of Dance Misterton’
- Live performances from singer-songwriters ‘Lizzie Goddard’ and BBC introducing artist ‘Georgie Hanson’
The Revive Festival is working in collaboration with the SO Festival in Skegness and Mablethorpe to deliver a programme of international artists that showcase amazing theatre, dance, and arts.
International artists include:
- ‘Farmyard Circus’ a warm and cheery, family-friendly, farm-life inspired circus spectacle, which features group acrobatics, juggling, theatre, and live music.
- ‘This Maag’ who will present his latest performance “This is the summit!”, an extraordinary blend of Swiss and European humour - a sophisticated interactive theatre at its best.
- A dance and street theatre piece ‘WE HAVE TO TALK’ focuses on family relationships and their conflicts. The dancers Linn Johansson and Hans Nezza, together with Jem Prenafeta, a young performer with Down's Syndrome.
- ‘Les Quat'fers en l'air’ is a stuntwomen duet whose piece involves climbing the highest peaks… Unfortunately, global warming has melted the snow leaving only the skeleton of this gigantic mountain…enjoy the pleasures of acrobatics in a short moment of weightlessness! Will the duo be able to endure the heat while spinning in the air?
Matthew Archer from Magna Vitae Trust for Leisure and Culture, who deliver the SO Festival in Skegness and Mablethorpe, said:
“We have enjoyed working in collaboration with West Lindsey District Council over the past months to provide international artists to the residents and visitors of Lincolnshire and look forward to working together going forward.”
Don’t miss out on joining us for this exciting brand-new event, where you can experience all of the incredible artists mentioned above, plus food, drink and general traders and FREE face painting – you can plan your day by heading to our Revive Festival Programme.
This event has been made possible by funding from the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, and support from Magna Vitae Trust for Leisure and Culture, Gainsborough Town Council and The ACIS Group.
Don’t forget to sign up to our Events Newsletter so you don’t miss out on the exciting events taking place in West Lindsey.