Developers behind plans for two solar projects in West Lindsey are inviting people to take part in the consultation process.
Island Green Power (IGP) are proposing two projects that cross the county border between Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire – Cottam Solar Project and West Burton Solar Project. The infrastructure would be hosted within West Lindsey and Bassetlaw District Councils.
The public consultation for both projects starts Wednesday, 15 June 2022 and will be open for 6 weeks, closing on 27 July 2022. These large scale (nationally significant) infrastructure projects (NSIP) will go to the government, via its Planning Inspectorate, for a Development Consent Order (DCO).
They will not go through the normal local planning requirements, which means that West Lindsey District Council is not the decision-making body for this application. The developers are required to consult on their plans before submitting the applications.
Please remember there are two projects that the developers are consulting on and if you wish to comment on both you will need to make sure you do this separately direct to the developers.
Need more information?
The developers will also be holding six information events and two webinars on the following locations and dates:
- Clayworth Memorial Hall, Town Street, Clayworth, Retford, DN22 9AD – Wednesday 22 June, 2pm to 6pm
- Saxilby Village Hall, 34 High Street, Saxilby, Lincoln, LN1 2HA – Thursday 23 June, 3:30pm to 7:30pm
- Blyton Memorial Hall, Church Lane, Blyton, Gainsborough, DN21 – Friday 24 June, 11am to 3pm
- Marton and Gate Burton Village Hall, Trent Port Road, Marton, Gainsborough, DN21 5AR – Saturday 25 June, 12:30am to 4:30pm
- Willingham Village Hall, High Street, Willingham by Stow, Gainsborough, DN21 5JZ – Friday 1 July, 10am to 2pm
- Gringley on-the-Hill Community Centre, W Wells Lane, Gringley on the Hill, Doncaster, DN10 4QY – Saturday 2 July, 11am to 3pm
- Webinar – Monday 27 June, 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Webinar – Tuesday 12 July, 6:30pm - 8pm
Details of both projects and consultation form can be viewed by visiting the developers web pages: