- NHS Prescriptions and Health Costs
- Wellbeing Lincs
- Connect to Support
- Mental Health Helpline
- Age UK
- Fire safety
NHS Prescriptions and Health Costs
Some people are eligible for free NHS prescriptions, dental treatment, eye tests and help with other NHS costs including transport to appointments.
Wellbeing Lincs is a countywide service supporting adults across Lincolnshire to achieve confident, fulfilled, and independent lives.
Wellbeing Lincs will identify opportunities for help with finances, mobility, healthcare and social outreach to help you build yourself back up again, boost your confidence and promote independent living.
- offer information and advice on housing, health and money management
- help you identify and access education, training or work
- help you access a wide range of local services and organisations
- develop a personal support plan and work with you for up to 12 weeks to help you resolve your identified needs
- co-ordinate the work of other organisations to make sure they help you with what you need
- facilitate and ease discharge and resettlement from hospital by ensuring support arrangements are in place at home
To be eligible you have to meet at least four of the following criteria:
- unable to manage long term health or medical conditions
- regularly visit the GP for the same medical condition or for non-medical reasons
- unplanned hospitalisation or A&E attendance in the last 90 days
- accessed social care services in the last 12 months including: assessment, day care, home care, re-ablement or residential care services
- bereavement (spouse or partner) or divorce in the past 12 months
- had a fall in the past three months, either at home or away from the home
- unable to manoeuvre around the home safely
- lacks social support and/or interaction with family, friends or carers, or feels isolated
- feel stressed, depressed or anxious
- unable to sustain work, education, training or volunteering
- unable to manage money or in considerable debt
- poor lifestyle management and behaviours which impact on overall health and wellbeing.
- aged over 65 years old
Call 01522 782140.
Connect to Support
Connect to Support Lincolnshire is an online information, advice library and community directory for adults in Lincolnshire. It offers signposting to groups, activities, and support within local communities on topics such as:
- health and wellbeing
- housing and independence at home
- getting out and about (travel and mobility)
- volunteering and community
- money and legal matters
Telephone support and live web chat to help people navigate support is available Monday to Friday, 2pm to 7pm on 0300 3030 8789.
Mental Heath Helpline
If you’re feeling low, anxious or stressed and you think that talking to another person may help you cope, you can call the new mental health helpline in Lincolnshire which is open 24/7 at 0800 001 4331.
Age UK Lindsey offers a free, impartial and confidential Information and Advice service for older people, their families and carers. They specialise in providing quality-assured, age-specific support to anyone over fifty living in East Lindsey, West Lindsey or North Lincolnshire.
Information from the National Fire Chiefs Council [pdf / 312 KB] on how to keep your home fire safe during the cost of living rise.
Safe Lincs have a free online fire safety assessment that can help you identify fire risks in your house and gives advice on how to reduce them.